PWS Advisory Group prides itself on the quality and diversity of our clients, as well as our ability to help clients improve their wellbeing. We can only deliver this level of care and service with the right team. Our passionate team comes from a wide range of backgrounds, bringing with them vast experience coupled with strong technical expertise, all with a client-first mentality.
We are dedicated to staying at the forefront of industry changes. PWS Advisory Group assists with this through its extensive professional development programs and business associate networks. Every team member is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas, collaborating with each other to continually improve the PWS Advisory Group service offering.
Just like our clients, we want to see our team achieve their own goals. We are committed to the career of every one of our team members, and celebrate their successes, both personally and professionally. After all, PWS Advisory Group understands that it is the strength and cohesiveness of our team that is key to our success as an advisory firm and to our holistic approach in the financial advisory space.
Our culture embraces diversity and differences that bring strength to the team. On the other hand, we live by a common set of values, expecting our team members to have:
Confident & Self-motivated
Empathetic, Supporting & Caring
Timely, Consistent & Detail-minded
Honest, Transparent & Ethical
If you share our values and ready to be part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Expressions of Interest
If you do not find any positions that are relevant to you, please forward your resume to us so that we can contact you should a suitable position become available.
Our client is a holistic advisory firm offering Accountancy, Wealth and Finance advisory services. They have offices in Geelong and Melbourne and have clients based all over Australia and overseas. They assist their clients, businesses and personal affairs with a sole view of achieving their goals and objectives.
Their vision is about improving personal wellbeing by working closely with their clients to achieve their goals and aspirations.
They develop trust by understanding their client’s individual circumstances to ensure peace of mind and financial prosperity.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, The Accountant role is directly responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant with the completion of the Annual Compliance work for a portfolio of clients.The Accountant will manage own workflow with the supervision of the Senior Accountant.
The role will include:
- Assist with completion of annual compliance requirements for portfolio of clients as instructed by Senior Accountant, including assisting the Senior Accountant with preparing engagements, budgets, billing and debtor management as required.
- Support Senior Accountant with fostering trusted relationships with a portfolio of clients and other relevant parties including bookkeeper, internal accountant as applicable.
- Continue to develop a working knowledge of taxation and business issues applicable for SME clients and attend training as required.
- Recognise client issues and opportunities and make recommendations for resolution to your direct report.
- Assist Senior Accountant as instructed with working directly with team members and third-party associates in completion of relevant tasks to deliver clients overall financial goals and objectives.
- Participating in team projects that aim to improve productivity, quality, risk management and client service.
To be successful in this role, you will have completed a university degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business and undertaking CPA/CA qualifications. You will enter the business with 2 to 3 years experience in Tax Accounting.
As a key member of the team, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Working tax knowledge applicable for SME clients
- Experience with MS office products, including Excel & Word
- Experience with common accounting software e.g. MYOB and Quickbooks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work within a team environment and autonomously.
What’s on offer?
The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated team, committed to delivering an individual and professional service for each of their clients. The right candidate will demonstrate the ability to grow within the organisation and take ownership of their position as a part of their eagerness to learn and develop their career.
This is a Full Time role available promptly for the successful candidate. Attractive remuneration will be offered commensurate with your skills and experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here. Applications close on the 29th of November 2019.